Security Risk in Fiji

Meghan Markle’s trip to the market in Fiji was cut short. The Duchess, who was scheduled to visit the Suva Municipal Market to discuss a United Nations project dedicated to female empowerment, was ushered out after only six minutes due to a security risk. Although Meghan was surrounded by security guards, Kensington Palace announced that “the large crowds were the main cause of her early departure from the market.” Meghan and Prince Harry arrived in Fiji after spending a week in Australia for their first joint royal tour.

Royal Rest

Meghan Markle is taking it easy. The Duchess, who is on her first royal tour with Prince Harry, has “cut back her schedule slightly” to get some rest. She was noticeably absent from the Invictus Games’ cycling and sailing competitions on Sunday, but will rejoin her Prince for the rest of the week-and-a-half tour. They will be traveling to Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand. Kensington Palace said the pregnant royal will pace herself the rest of the trip.

Insensitive Timing

Some royal fans are a bit peeved about the timing of the royal baby announcement. The news, confirmed by Kensington Palace on Monday October 15th, was also International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. The day recognizes “pregnancy loss and infant death due to causes like SIDS, miscarriage, and stillbirth.” Some on Twitter felt the timing was a bit insensitive and thought the Royal Family should have waited a day to announce the news.

Royal Baby

The rumors are true! A royal baby is on the way for Prince Harry, 34, and 37-year-old Meghan Markle. The newlyweds are expecting their little bundle in the spring of 2019. Kensington Palace released a statement about the news: “Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public.” 

Royal Tour Begins

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have made it to Australia, the first spot listed on their royal tour. The couple will also visit Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga and New Zealand from now through the end of the month. According to Kensington Palace, the trip will focus on “youth leadership, and projects being undertaken by young people to address the social, economic, and environmental challenges of the region.” The Invictus Games will also be a “major focus.” Prince Harry founded the Invictus Games in 2014 and they will be held this year on October 20-28. It is a special event for the newlyweds, as it was at the Toronto games last year when they made their first public appearance as a couple.

Samantha Markle is Delusional

Samantha Markle quite possibly lives in some sort of alternate universe. She is back home in Florida after touring London, but is far from done talking about her half-sister, Meghan Markle. After publicly being turned away at the gates of Kensington Palace, Samantha is claiming that was not the case. In an interview with DailyMailTV, she said she is not the type to get “turned away”, that she was only there to hand deliver a letter to the Duchess. During the interview, she also had a message for her royal half-sister.
–QUOTABLE: “Let’s just cut through all the crap. You’re a woman. Life is short. I believe you have it in your heart to do the right thing here. You know dad loves you. You know he has been there for you more than anyone. So, don’t [believe] this public monster and misperception that he’s a sperm donor dad trying to be involved all of a sudden.”

Samantha Markle Denied

Meghan Markle’s half-sister was denied access to Kensington Palace. Samantha Markle, who has been making her way around the London talk show circuit, was not able to get in direct contact with Meghan. Security turned her away at the gate, but not before she slipped them a letter to allegedly pass along to the Duchess. Satisfied with her half-hearted attempt, Samantha continued on her sightseeing adventure. The Mirror reported that paparazzi caught the whole exchange, so although she recently apologized, the visit may have just been another publicity stunt. No one can blame Meghan for the cold shoulder. She is probably not ready to forgive and forget being called “the duchASS” nor having her husband compared to a rodent.

Royal Petition

A petition is going around asking the “House of Commons to urge the Government to commit no public money [toward] the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, and to publish a report of all costs to taxpayers.” If the taxpayers get their way, the Royal Family would have to personally finance the “extravagant and pricey wedding”; security alone costs £2 Million (about $2.6 Million). As of Friday, the petition had 7,000 signatures. The wedding is set for October 12. There has been no comment from Kensington Palace.